C&N creates and restores wetlands that are both functionally and aesthetically pleasing, and educates the residents about their value and management. We do this demonstrate to development clients and landowners the benefits of wetlands as flood storage areas, wildlife habitat, aesthetic value, and amenity value.C&N’s professional and technical staff has been the keystone of our success. Our utilization of subcontractors for specialized services has provided expertise without the overhead costs. From engineering services to native vegetation procurement, C&N maintains quality control.
The desirable vegetation can be stockpiled for brief periods of time and re-installed over the final grades using the pan. This lowers the cost of hauling and eliminates the cost of planting. The laser pan is very effective in creating flow-ways and re-establishing historic sheet flow in pastures where only limited excavation may be necessary.
C&N’s public projects include:
- Lake Okeechobee Isolated Wetland Creation & Restoration Project for South Florida Water Management District (SFWMD)
- Kissimmee River Restoration Project Endangered/Threatened Species and Migratory Bird Monitoring for the United States Army Corps of Engineers
- Mangrove Forest Restoration for the Town of Hypoluxo
- Sugar Sand Park Scrub Restoration for the Greater Boca Raton Tax District
- Jupiter Inlet Wetland Restoration for Palm Beach County
- Port Canaveral Mangrove Restoration for the Port Authority.
- C&N also provided environmental services on the 40,000 acre Pal-Mar, Cypress Creek, and the Groves Water Basin Study for SFWMD.