In 1991, Ms. Cheryl Carpenter, C&N’s principal biologist, established Cheryl M. Carpenter, Consulting Biologist at the request of former clients. Due to rapid growth, C&N was incorporated in 1993. In 1993, C&N also started its first wetland restoration project where services were provided from pre-purchase through wetland restoration design, permitting, and construction. C&N provided management and monitoring services until the project was deemed successful.
C&N’s public projects include:
- Lake Okeechobee Isolated Wetland Creation & Restoration Project for South Florida Water Management District (SFWMD)
- Kissimmee River Restoration Project Endangered/Threatened Species and Migratory Bird Monitoring for the United States Army Corps of Engineers
- Mangrove Forest Restoration for the Town of Hypoluxo
- Sugar Sand Park Scrub Restoration for the Greater Boca Raton Tax District
- Jupiter Inlet Wetland Restoration for Palm Beach County
- Port Canaveral Mangrove Restoration for the Port Authority.
- C&N also provided environmental services on the 40,000 acre Pal-Mar, Cypress Creek, and the Groves Water Basin Study for SFWMD.